Having problems with certain sites...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jdaries

Hello all,

I'd like to thank you in advance for helping.
I am having problems with sites such as Fedex and travelocity where I am entering information into the fields, but as I click on "continue" or "next" to go to the next page, the site kicks me out and I must restart the entire process. This is my work computer and I've been having this problem for a months; I can go to another computer and go to the same site and go to the same pages and do what I need to do perfectly. IT here has done registry cleaner, ad-adware, and Etrust virus scan, but problem still persists. Please help, Thank you again.

-jdaries-

Are you using the E-Trust firewall or another firewall with Privacy blocking features?

jdaries

Hi BillC,

I think we are using Sonic Wall as fire wall, and I see where you're going with the privacy blocking but on "good days" I am able to access these sites and do what I need to do. It's just those days I can't access them and do my job, and its very bothersome. I heard the IT guys saying that something about registry clean; I see JV16 POWER TOOLS on my desktop and ran it. I had it scan the registry and I see lots of green and red bubbles on the far left side of window. please advice.

The issue you described often occurs when a security application (usually a firewall) blocks information from being sent to the website that is needed for the website to function for you. I was thinking you might also have the E-Trust Firewall which uses the Zone Alarm firewall under a licensing agreement. The Pro version of the firewalls have a Privacy tab that unless properly configured for the sites you mention will block information from leaving your computer the site needs.

Firewalls are great but sometimes folks want information to be sent in order to access a site and their firewall will block it. I'm not familiar with Sonic Wall but I'd look there to see if it is the blocking source. To test it, shutdown Sonic Wall, clean your cache, then try the sites again.

I don't believe your registry has anything to do with this problem.

jdaries

Hi BillC,

Will pass info to IT, I hope they listen to a non-IT person. thanks again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online