Having Problems with Netgear n900

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Xtinaxoxo

hello..
Ive been having a problem with my router, all the plugs are in right and so is for the modem. the problem i'm having is that the internet light is orange and its supposed to be green. i use my old netgear router (the white one) and works fine but slows down when everyone uses the internet. i tried everything to make the n900 work again but still no luck... please help

Xtina

etaf

Wayne
have you reset the router and re-entered all the settings - whos your ISP ?

etaf

Wayne
sounds like a faulty router - the internet light is usually when the router has logged into the ISP - so as your old router does that - then not an issue with the line or login at the ISP - so it must be a faulty router if you have reset and also checked all the settings

TerryNet

Terry
In case Verizon is tracking the MAC Address of the device connected to the modem clone the current MAC Address of the computer or old router that gets internet access to the WAN of the n900. And, to state the obvious, power cycle the modem when switching the device connected to it.

I agree with etaf, but wanted to make sure nothing "dumb" was overlooked.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online