Having problems with newly built computer!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nrobb

I just put together my own computer and it was working fine till all the sudden i noticed it started to just stop and the computer would lock up. so i restarted thinking that would fix the problem and it happened again. at first i thought it was a heat problem then i cooled it down and tryed it again and that didn't help and i noticed later on that it was only in dark places in games that it had blue squares everywhere and that problem continued and i was puzzeled and i don't have a clue why blue square/dots and locking up of my computer is happeneing? anyone got any idea as to what is going on???

This is a discussion forum and not suited to help you with your problem. I have asked a mod to move your thread to the Hardware forum as I believe you are having problems with your Vid card and drivers.

While you are waiting for the thread to be moved please post your system specs.

Hope you find the help you are looking for.

-The Almighty OS

BTW, Welcome to TSG :cool:

Pure hardlocks are caused predominately by heat, and by running equipment out of spec by overclocking. Bad RAM will give bluescreens, bad power will give spontaneous reboots, and bad motherboards often create nasty logs in Event Viewer.

Are you overclocking? Is your BIOS setup in such a way that nothing is running out of spec?

KRT

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Hi and welcome. Could be the video card as well.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
'Why don't you start with a description of your hardware, make/modem of the MB and video card, the processor you use, and any overclocking you've done. Have you checked the fan on the video card to see if it's working?'

nrobb

Processor=amd 3500+
motherboard= AN8 SLI uGuru
graphics card=Nvidia Ge force 6800
Power supply=500w rosewell
Its been running at around 120degrees and shouldn't be having any errors and i haven't done any overclocking or anything yet and all my bios settings are all optimized settings and i have also tryed by the book which doesn't help.

I also have this weird error that has been recently coming up and preventing me from using my computer and it reads...

Technical information:

*** STOP 0x00000050 (0xBA830618, 0x00000001, 0x80527140, 0x00000000)

If that gives you help or any information and whats wrong it would be greatly appreiciated.

nrobb

I also noticed when i start up my computer and go into the setting of my motherboard that the writing and everything in there has symbols that should and weren't there before and its miss spells words and like boxes flash and is really messed up. would this mean that i have a motherboard problem and that i would have to replace the MB?

pugmug

Banned
Long story short, before replacing mobo backup any info you want to keep and do a clean install of the operation system.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
nrobb said:
I also noticed when i start up my computer and go into the setting of my motherboard that the writing and everything in there has symbols that should and weren't there before and its miss spells words and like boxes flash and is really messed up. would this mean that i have a motherboard problem and that i would have to replace the MB?

Just saw the same thing on a system. Check the video card, does it have a fan, and is it spinning?

nrobb

my graphics card has a fan yes and it is running but i'm using same drivers as the card came with ( which i bought probobly 4-5 monthgs ago ) and dunno if that might be the problem or if i just cooked one either motherboard or card. My computer has been running at 120 and has got up to 140 but not much higher which might be another factor is not enough cooling. Any idea or experiance on whats going wrong with my system and that error perviously said if that has much to do with it.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
The symbols that you speak of, usually mean an overheating video card....or a defective video card.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Also, I don't do AMD chips, but am wondering about the 60C (the way I equate things) temperature.

nrobb

thank for the help and the advice you have given me and i will fix it asap and my friend just told me bout this site and i will use it from now on. Glad theres a site like this!!!!!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!