1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Having Problems with Pavilon 763n

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cahallmxj, Aug 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cahallmxj

cahallmxj Thread Starter

Hello all. Im working on my friends pavilon and im out of ideas so im posting here to see if any one has any suggestions. So heres the problem.

My friend bought this as a display model about 3 months ago and besides having to reformat the system to get rid of all the store installed junk it worked fine until about 2 wks ago. All of the sudden the computer started randomly booting to the bios screen, the sound stooped working, and whenever the computer was connected to the internet random screens would pop up. It got to the point that the computer would only boot to the bios and then lock, before that you had to renter the time and date and save and exit. I was able to fix that by replacing the battery and resetting the bios manually from the jumpers. Unfortunatley the operating system side of things continued to get worse(random restarts, freezing, more windows popping up, etc) so i ended up reformatting the system with the hp recovery program. This appeared to fix all of the problems and i was able to update windows and reinstall my friend programs. Unfortunatley the computer starting to boot the bios again and the screens on the internet are becoming more frequent.

thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    m.a.c
    System specs
    2.5ghz p4
    80gig hard drive
    512mb ddr ram
    geforce 4 mx
    Intergrated sound and nic

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/158271

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice