1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Having problems with the sims 2 (main + all 18 expansion packa) on my windows 7 pc

Discussion in 'Games' started by mcjakeqcool, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcjakeqcool

mcjakeqcool Thread Starter

Hello every1, I am having problems with the sims 2 I have yesterday installed the sims 2 with all 18 expansion packs on to it I have a Windows 7 pc it is a Dell Inspiron it has i5 core processer I have started playing the sims 2 and I have noticed that even though it works I can not do some things such as when I went into boolProp and tried to have my Sim abducted by aliens it did not work and also tried to get my sim to order a service that did not work also.

I have searched on google already and there is some reported compatibility problems with the sims 2, I tried to run it in windows XP compatibility mode like suggested but that did not work so I got windows to try and find a answer to the problem but it said the sims 2 launcher is out of date, has any body got a straightforward answer to how I can get the sims 2 working perfect on my laptop? Thanks, Jake

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Please refrain from posting in other peoples thread. If you don't get a response after 24 hours of the initial post, just post in this one and your thread will go to the top of the list.

What do you meant by going to boolProp and are you using this to get your Sim to order something?

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    I've deleted your posts from those other threads, please do not post to other people's threads asking for help as that just creates unnecessary confusion.

Did you have have issues with the installation? Did you install and patch the games from the original CD's or where did it come they come from?

You also need to be more specific Dell you have, Inspiron is a line with thousands of unique models in it. Which model do you have?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1075109

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice