having problems with umax astra scanner

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

katyjagger

can anyone help PLEASE, when trying to use my scanner on vista shuttle and vista scan i get an error message saying scanner access fail.I took it back to staples and they exchanged it but the problem persists.Someone said I my need to re-install the disk that came with it but I dont have it any more

wen

didn't staples give you the whole lot.
which scanner did you buy?

wen

Hi:
What model scanner is it and what operating system are you running?

You might want to go to the UMAX site at:
www.umax.com

And go to the support section.

Pull down the articles on uninstalling and re-installing the scanner software and think about doing that.
If you go to Device manager,take a look at your scanner entry and make sure it looks ok(no ? mark,etc)
How is the scanner connected(usb,parallel).Check that connection.

Vistascan gives you an option to test the scanner connection.Have you tried that and what happens.

Did this scanner ever work?

I had a similar problem and went through all the steps above to no avail and ended up having to do a clean install of the operating system.In my case,either a file had been corrupted or the registry was becoming corrupted,this is probably not your case.
Are you having any other flackey problems,like Operations exceptions,etc.

Sorry:Just re-read your post.You probably need to get back your installation disc.You will probably need it.

-Download VistaScan from Umax.
-Uninstall VistaScan.
-Start>Find>Files and Folders – Look In “C”.
-Search for “twain” and “twunk” (without quotes) and delete any files you find in the Windows folder.
- Search for VistaScan and Umax. Delete any you find.
- Empty the recycle bin.
- Install the VistaScan you downloaded from Umax.

This is the Umax procedure.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online