1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Having probs trying to delete a file

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Kalmarath, Oct 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kalmarath

Kalmarath Thread Starter

Theres this file, whenever i try to delete it, it has this error message that we all have seen it before.. "Cannot delete XXX: It is being used by another person or program, Close any programs that might be using that file and try again"
    I've tried turning off any program thats running and disabling my network connection, but to no avail... and i cant play that file.. How do i delete it and... might it get infected or sumthin? Coz i've tried scanning it too and Norton says that it's not a virus whatsoever ... =(

Thanks in advance

2. Topkat

Topkat

You could try deleting it in safe mode.
    Before you do this though what type of extension is it you're trying to delete?

3. jnibori

jnibori

Here's a free program for just that reason.

MoveOnBoot 1.95 DOWNLOAD & REVIEW: http://www.softnews.ro/public/cat/13/4/13-4-17.shtml

4. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

openfiles (XP Only)
    Allows an administrator to display or disconnect open files in XP professional. Type "openfiles /?" for a list of possible parameters.

You can execute this command from the Command Prompt.

5. pgriffet

pgriffet

6. Kalmarath

Kalmarath Thread Starter

Hey thanks alot guys... I havent try it yet but i'm pretty sure its gonna work...! Thanks ...

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!