Having probs trying to delete a file

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kalmarath

Theres this file, whenever i try to delete it, it has this error message that we all have seen it before.. "Cannot delete XXX: It is being used by another person or program, Close any programs that might be using that file and try again"
I've tried turning off any program thats running and disabling my network connection, but to no avail... and i cant play that file.. How do i delete it and... might it get infected or sumthin? Coz i've tried scanning it too and Norton says that it's not a virus whatsoever ... =(

Thanks in advance

You could try deleting it in safe mode.
Before you do this though what type of extension is it you're trying to delete?

Squashman

Trusted Advisor
openfiles (XP Only)
Allows an administrator to display or disconnect open files in XP professional. Type "openfiles /?" for a list of possible parameters.

You can execute this command from the Command Prompt.

Kalmarath

Hey thanks alot guys... I havent try it yet but i'm pretty sure its gonna work...! Thanks ...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online