Having trouble loading win '98

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cboggs2

I have an IBM thinkpad 760 that I am trying to get going so my dad can sit in his lazy boy and play solitare.
It has windows 3.1 on it and I am trying to upgrade it to windows 98. The problem is that my windows 98 is on a CD and I can't get the computer to recognize the CD rom.

I tried using a windows 98 boot disk but sense I have to use either the "A" drive or the "D" drive, It won't let me load CD rom support because it can't find the drive.

Can I set up a "D" drive in DOS?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
If that dinosaur originally came with Windows 3.1, I question whether the processor is fast enough, whether there is enough RAM, and whether there is enough hard drive space to install and run Windows 98. :rolleyes:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts