Having Trouble Logging In

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mark941

Hello, I am running Windows XP Professional and have recently gotten a virus on my computer that I promptly removed, however it messed up my system so that when I try to login at the home screen, my monitor goes black except for the cursor for a few minutes.

When I do finally login, a pop-up appears saying that my LAN cable has "Limited or no connectivity". Opening up Firefox confirms this because I am unable to load any web page.

I really do not wish to reinstall Windows. Please help.

I know that this is not a hardware issue because my computer has been running fine for many months.

I have seen something similar before, is this a Wiresless connection?

Try disaling your network card(s) (in network neighbourhood area) and see if that gets rid of the black screen.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online