having trouble sending emails

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

fl05ea

cannot send emails but have no trouble receiving them i am using outlook express :(

have you checked the account settings such as outgoing password etc?

Also check firewall settings

fl05ea

Hi i'm new to this i'm having trouble sending emails with outlook express. I have no trouble receiving them. I always get an error number Ox800CCCOF

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi fl05ea

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

I have merged your posts to this thread.
Please do not create duplicate threads.
Thank you.

Most ISP's will require authentication.
In Outlook Express:
Tools > Accounts > (Account Name) > Properties > Servers Tab

Under Outgoing Mail Server
Place a check mark in: My server requires authentication
Apply, OK, Close to save the settings.

Send yourself a Test message.

Let us know if that makes a difference or not.

fl05ea

Tried what you recommended but didn't work got a different error number Ox800420CD

fl05ea

Message number 2 could not be retrieved. Account: 'pop.ozonline.com.au', Server: 'pop.ozonline.com.au', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Can't open the message file - it's gone!', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800420CD

fl05ea

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'Re: brian', Account: 'pop.ozonline.com.au', Server: 'smtp.ozonline.com.au', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F. There were no attachments, when i send a test to myself it works ok but when i try and send to someone else thhis is the message i get.

I am having the same problem ... can receive but cannot send. I copied the error message:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'Greg', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online