1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Having trouble with audio on my Logitech ClearChat™ Pro USB Headset, distorted audio

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Alys, Nov 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Alys

Alys Thread Starter

I've been having trouble getting clear audio consistently with my new headset on my laptop which is currently running Windows 7. I have tried reinstalling the driver, restarting my laptop, combinations of restarting and reinstalling driver, replacing the headset (before I realised it was a computer problem), even flashed the BIOS to see if that would help, also tried using different USB ports, nothing has fixed it and if it does it lasts 5 minutes before it starts to crackle and sound quality degrades again. I cannot think of anything else that I can do to fix this. I have looked for a fix on Logitech's website which directed me to Microsoft but none of the solutions posted has fixed the problem. Headset works perfect on boyfriends computer, also running Windows 7, and my boyfriends headset (same as mine) has the same problem when plugged in to my laptop. Any help would be appreciated.

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    What laptop is it ?

Is there any difference when using AC power or battery ?

If it has other audio output socket(s) can you check if the distortion is present there too ?

3. Alys

Alys Thread Starter

HP Pavillion tx2500z CTO Entertainment Notebook is the laptop, its the same regardless of AC or battery power, distortion is only present on USB headset, laptop speakers and anything plugged in to the audio jack work perfectly fine.

4. Alys

Alys Thread Starter

bump

5. Alys

Alys Thread Starter

bump

6. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    A poor connection could cause crackling, try plugging a Usb stick or similar in and out of the Usb socket say 10 times then try the headset in that socket.

The only other thing I can think of is to use a powered Usb hub, that just might stop the crackling if it's caused by power fluctuations in the laptop.

7. Alys

Alys Thread Starter

I tried using a usb flash drive and plugging it in and out about 10 times then plugged my headset back in, still have the distortion - slightly better because i unplugged the headset but not fixed and I can hear it get worse and worse slowly. I don't think its power levels as it is consistent for every port on my laptop and I do have a USB mouse plugged in as well - no problems with that whatsoever.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/961511

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice