1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Having Trouble with FRAPS Audio recording in Movies!

Discussion in 'Games' started by GTA, Nov 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GTA

GTA Banned Thread Starter

I have the Full version of FRAPS and I thought this would fix the annoying audio problem.

The problem is there is no audio! When I record in-game videos I can't hear anything! With both San Andreas and Farcry!

I have a crappy Onboard AC'97 Sound that came with my EPOX mobo and I have a DSP-500 Plantronics USB headset, Fraps Detects both of them and I have switch to both of them in default and stereo mix, still no SOUND! I have no SOund Card, do I need one? Iam getting frustrated! I spent $37 on a peice of crap!

2. Vmistry94

Vmistry94

I wouldn't say you bought a piece of crap, more like downloaded one. It's Frapps that is causing the issue here because it doesn't work well with USB. I have the same problem, whenever I record a game the audio never arrives. This is because Frapps puts USB ahead of all the traditional audio sound cards and jack headsets. Stupid I know.

So to solve it you have to take out your USB headset whilst playing, so you'll hear no audio while playing, but you'll get the audio from Frapps that you wanted. If you don't like this then you can buy a super cheap (presumbly rubbish) headset that uses jacks and plug that in whenever you record, this way you'll get the recorded audio and you'll hear it too, unless the headset you bought was so pathetic that your ears started bleeding in which case your out of luck. (That probably won't happen).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/414425

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice