having trouble with my computer speakers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tammychinski

I am having trouble with my computer speakers. there is noise coming out of them but when i want to hear a video on the computer there is no sound. I have tried to go in and set the volumn to turn it up on the comoputer but it wont even let me click on it. please help me.:mad:

What type of speakers do you have?

Check to see if you have the latest driver installed. To do this google your speakers, and look for drivers from the manufacturer and download and install them, if yours are not the latest.

But before you do that, make sure you have the green plug in the right port.

"To do this google your speakers, and look for drivers from the manufacturer"
I think you meant drivers for the sound card.

May be be missing a needed codec. Tammy--by noise do you mean they work otherwise?

norton850 said:
"To do this google your speakers, and look for drivers from the manufacturer"
I think you meant drivers for the sound card.

May be be missing a needed codec. Tammy--by noise do you mean they work otherwise?
Whoops, that is what I meant heh.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online