1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Having trouble with my ethernet internet and in general

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Jackson222222, Feb 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jackson222222

Jackson222222 Thread Starter

So i just recently moved and the same issue which i was sure it was just my desktop is still occurring, my laptop picks up my internet just fine and my desktop picks it up well sometimes and other times its really slow for some reason? When i try to hook up my ethernet cable to my desktop it just says unidentified network and wont use it, its not a router issue because it's brand new, this happened at my other place, is it a motherboard issue like my ethernet port is crapping out? thanks.

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    James
    Unidentified Network can be caused by a misconfiguration of the network card, or you have a firewall program that is blocking the connection.

Please can you run in Command Prompt the following command:

ipconfig /all

and post the results here (or take a picture if you can't post results)

3. Jackson222222

4. Jackson222222

My wireless on it also sometimes doesn't utilize my internet speed right at all, i have 30mpbs but sometimes it'll get like 6-14 range never happens to my laptop.

5. Couriant

First Name:
    James
    Was the information showing was created when you had the Ethernet cord in?

As to the wireless speed, that can vary depending on a few factors, like distance to the router; anything between line of sight to the router; other networks in the area; hardware; etc.

6. Jackson222222

Yes it was created when the Ethernet was plugged in. Well the router is directly next to my computer as well.

7. Couriant

First Name:
    James
    The Media Disconnected message means there is no phyiscal connection. Make sure that both ends are connected, and if so, try a different cable.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1240037

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice