1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Having trouble with my Hardware devices

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bignel, Feb 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bignel

bignel Thread Starter

Hello:

My operating system is Win 2000 Prof. for some reason my cd rom and my dvd external drive are having trouble. I have been searching for the driver for my cd rom LG CD-ROM CRD-8400B but have been unsuccessful. I have uninstalled the driver from device manager and when the system rebooted it found new device installed but when I restart I don't see my D drive. Any suggestions?

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    There are NO drivers for internal IDE drives aside from the standard Windows drivers. An external one may have drivers although Windows 2000 should have its own suitable driver for it as well. What model is the drive?

Please provide a little more detail, are there any errors in Device Manager? Do both show up in Device Manager? Does the internal drive work with the external disconnected? Also check in Disk Management under Computer Managment for the drives.

3. bignel

bignel Thread Starter

Hi, thanks for the reply. When I expand DVD/CD-ROM drives both of them have a yellow exclamation point. When I check the properties it says that the device is not working properly Windows cannot load the drivers required for the device (Code 31). I already uninstalled and tried updating the driver. Thanks.

4. norton850

norton850

5. bignel

bignel Thread Starter

Hey guys thanks a lot Triple6 and norton850. I followed the link and deleted some files from the registry. When I restarted my system both of my drives are now working. Thanks again!! This issue is resolved.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/441878

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice