Having troubles with a new ryzen system..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kital

Hello! I've recently put together a new amd ryzen system, but I cannot get a signal on my monitor.
The system I have is :

MOBO: Asus Prime B350-plus
CPU: Ryzen 7 1700
Cooler: The stock wraith spire cooler it comes with
GPU: Asus gtx 1050 phoenix
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 2666 MHz c16 (also tried with different stick of ram)
PSU: Corsair CX550M
hdd+ssd for storage (removed after the first few failed attempts to boot)

So this is what happens, I plug everything in, connect the monitor, press the power button and then the PC powers up, fans start spinning (chassis, cpu cooler, gpu fan), then after a couple of seconds it powers off, everything stops spinning, then again few seconds later it turns on again and then stays on, fans keep running but my monitor gets "No display", I let it run like that for a minute or two, then power it off.

Any suggestions please? Maybe someone who has been through a similar situation?

These are the steps I've taken.

I try to connect through DVI-D to DVI-D, tested the monitor on a different pc and it worked.
Tested with a stick of 4gb kingston furyX that I had.
Tried to connect to the TV through HDMI (random suggestion from a post), tried to remove the reset button from the system panel(random suggestion from some post).
Tried a different RAM slot.
Tried to reset CMOS by circuiting, removed the battery and put it back.
Tightened the cpu cooler screws, loosened the cpu cooler screws(both were suggested).

Please, if anyone knows what's wrong / has some suggestions, leave a comment.

P.S. The stock cooler needed some force for the screws to get in place, Not sure if I did something wrong or it is supposed to be a tight fit. Also, the previous system I built was with an intel pentium, asus b250-plus, same GPU and it would not get signal from the gpu until I installed windows and latest drivers (kinda weird but yeah)

Kital

Yes, the 8 pin connector is plugged, I checked the ram to be compatible with the AMD list, I'm sorry for the confusion about the hard drive and ssd. Of course I will be installing the OS on ssd, I just meant that my storage will be 1 hdd + 1 ssd

Kital

I now got a motherboard speaker, after the computer first shuts down (after 2 seconds) and then comes back on, it does one short beep but that's it.

Kital

I just found out that when I remove the ram and try to run it, it does not do that restart, it just lights up and no display (ofc without ram can't get any) but it does not do that power off an back on thing. Could it be a ram compatibility issue?

Try a "out of case" build
On the mobo box
Reinstall the processor and the heatsink
U will have to clean and re apply thermal compound
And maybe try different memory
Also try different video card

Kital

Ended up taking it to a local computer store, same place where I bought the mobo and GPU. I tried to build it out of the case with the same result, and it did not work with the ram that I had so I thought they'll be able to test every part separately and locate the issue since I do not have the hardware to do so. What bugged me is that without any ram installed the system does not do that shut down and back on thing, but also I do not get the "1 long beep 2 short beeps pause repeat" that is supposed to happen when there is no memory on the system. Anyway, they told me today they'll probably call after checking the system, so I just have to wait

crjdriver

Multiple pw on and restarts are common with ryzen boards; more so with some than others. I have built two ryzen systems and both work well however ryzen is NOT for the new or inexperienced builder. Ryzen is not intel where you can just slap parts together and it works. Ryzen requires a lot of tuning/tweaking to get the system to run correctly.
Ryzen has incredible multicore performance. I have two personal systems; one intel 7600k [overclocked to 4.5gig] and one ryzen 1700x [overclocked to 3.8gig] On single core benchmarks, the intel system wins [not surprising since it is clocked quite a bit higher] On multicore benchmarks, ryzen just blows intel out of the water. Literally doubling the cinebench cpu score [820 for the intel and 1650 for ryzen] It is like intel should not even have shown up to the party.

As to your problem, I see a few issues;
1 CX pw supply. The cx line from corsair is NOT intended for any type of gaming, overclocking, or any other stressful endeavor. It is for a basic build only
2 Choice of motherboard. That is a budget board and as such is not designed nor intended for any type of gaming. I would really really go with a 370x chipset board from gigabyte or asrock.

Kital

Multiple pw on and restarts are common with ryzen boards; more so with some than others. I have built two ryzen systems and both work well however ryzen is NOT for the new or inexperienced builder. Ryzen is not intel where you can just slap parts together and it works. Ryzen requires a lot of tuning/tweaking to get the system to run correctly.
Ryzen has incredible multicore performance. I have two personal systems; one intel 7600k [overclocked to 4.5gig] and one ryzen 1700x [overclocked to 3.8gig] On single core benchmarks, the intel system wins [not surprising since it is clocked quite a bit higher] On multicore benchmarks, ryzen just blows intel out of the water. Literally doubling the cinebench cpu score [820 for the intel and 1650 for ryzen] It is like intel should not even have shown up to the party.

As to your problem, I see a few issues;
1 CX pw supply. The cx line from corsair is NOT intended for any type of gaming, overclocking, or any other stressful endeavor. It is for a basic build only
2 Choice of motherboard. That is a budget board and as such is not designed nor intended for any type of gaming. I would really really go with a 370x chipset board from gigabyte or asrock.
As for the CX PSU, the new line of cx450,550 etc is quite a bit better than their previous cx400,500,600. As about the 2, It was meant to be a mid-range board to bring the overall cost down, and while it may not allow me to overclock too much, It does give me the possibility (unlike an actual budget mobo like A320) I was not planning to overclock anyway (until it becomes necessary).

Anyway, that being said, the problem was the motherboard, more specifically, something was wrong with the CPU socket and it was shorting the whole board (at least that's what they told me) They replaced the motherboard, and now everything works fine.

Thank you for the suggestions anyway :p.

Now everything is set, got my ram up to it's tested speed, and it is running great in games, programs and all ^^

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online