1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Having two issues...please help!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by bmcclosk3, Oct 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bmcclosk3

bmcclosk3 Thread Starter

New to the forums, so please forgive any errors...

I'm currently experiencing two separate issues, but first my system: AMD Athlon 850MHz, XP, IE 6 w/ SP1. I've emptied cookies and files, reinstalled IE, cleaned with Spybot and ad-aware, and out of ideas.

(1) I bank with Bank of America, and use their Online Billpay function. I can login to my account fine, and can look at all of the recent activity with no problem. However, I cannot go to the Billpay area. I've had no problems previous to this....but I can't make my car payment! I spoke with BoA Customer service for an hour, and they stated the issue was on my end. Spoke with Comcast support, and they said they showed no problems. Anyone have an idea on how to track if some port is blocked on my system, or any ideas on how to fix?

(2) I use Quicken for my other account at Wachovia. Quicken refuses to connect with Wachovia, stating that it will try again upon next boot up. The last time I used it (2 weeks ago), I had no issues. I called Wachovia for approx. an hour to no result. Comcast looked and said the same thing. Again, is there some port blocked or something?

Please let me know any thoughts/ suggestions. Thanks for reading!

2. raybro

raybro

The most perplexing thing is you can log on to your account at BofA, but not access Bill Pay. I assume you can check account balances, history and other functions of your account...

About the only possibility I can think of... Do you have a firewall? If so, check what programs are allowed internet access.

Do you have BofA software resident on your PC or do you simply use encrypted access the BofA site via IE? I use Wells Fargo and simple encrypted access via IE is the way it works. Everything stays on there server.

Check out your IE Security settings. Perhaps you are blocking cookies needed to access the functions you want.

Sorry I cannot be of more help. The BofA thing sure sounds like a server problem to me.

3. bmcclosk3

bmcclosk3 Thread Starter

No firewall present. This is just so frustrating.

I had complete functionality no less than 2 weeks ago. I took the most dreaded step, I called Microsoft. Here I am 90 minutes Long distance later, and no closer.

We've updated Java, checked all security.....just getting very frustrated.

I notice that as I login to BoA, my logon is a 9 characters, and password is 5 characters. I hit login, and the logon changes to an 8 character and password of 7 characters. Is this significant?

4. bmcclosk3

bmcclosk3 Thread Starter

Should I consider it a success that I stumped Microsoft Technical Consulting? 140 minutes on the phone with them and they will have to call me back. Lovely.

5. brindle

brindle

Another possibility is that you are using Opera as your browser. I was using opera to access my online banking pay bills etc. and all was well then over night no go. Thats the only reason I keep IE around is to use banker online.

6. raybro

raybro

Brindle brings up another thought when he mentioned Opera. You might try another browser. I don't know if it will make a difference or not. I use MyIE 2 as my default browser and it works just fine on encrypted sites. If you are interested, you can get it here (free):

http://www.myie2.com/html_en/home.htm

I recommend the "Lite" version

7. brindle

brindle

Raybro is myie2 a M$ product

8. raybro

raybro

I don't think so... Check out the link provided previously. In the "About", the Author is shown as MySoft Studio. There is no reference to Microsoft anywhere I could find on the site.

And if you want real proof.. It works way to good to be a M$ product.. :D :D

9. brindle

brindle

Well it's differant. You are always touting myie2 and I Opera, so I'll give it a try

10. raybro

raybro

I'm unable to use Opera because of some kind of wierd thing with my satellite hookup. Tried it one time and got all kinds of strange results. I do remember one thing though... it was fast. :D

Let me know what you think of MyIE2. :cool:

11. brindle

brindle

I'll play with it for a month and let you know. You have to get to know a browser before one can say yea or ney

12. raybro

raybro

True story regarding giving it time... I've been using MyIE2 for a little over 2 months now and have been comfortable with it for about the last 8 weeks or so. Lots of little stuff to learn about and use.

13. brindle

brindle

Wait a minute isn't eight weeks two months?

14. bmcclosk3

bmcclosk3 Thread Starter

Sad to say changing browser to myie2 did not help either. hrmmph. guess the web browser at work will have to do tomorrow....

so much for quicken auto updating for me :-\

Thanks for the effort guys...and if there are any other suggestions, I'm willing to try nything!

15. raybro

raybro

Not precisely, but I became comfortable with it after about a week and a half (or 10 days, if you prefer). :D :cool:

It's enough like IE in appearance and function to make the transition quite easy.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169712

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice