1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Havit mouse cursor/pointer runs wild

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tantrik123, Jun 17, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. tantrik123

tantrik123 Thread Starter

Dear friends,

I bought a Havit MS1003 backlit gaming mouse online in my place. The mouse cursor/pointer does not remain stand-still in one position like any ordinary pc mouse. Instead the mouse cursor would run/jump in haphazard directions across my pc monitor disallowing me to control the mouse cursor. I used mouses from different brands like logitech, delux, a4tech and currently using micropack. None of the mouses from these brands showed such cursor running problem. I never use a mousepad. I always use mouse on my wooden pc table without any problem. I experimented the havit mouse on an inner paper page of a thin math book. The cursor still moves on its own but rather slowly, whereas on my wooden pc table it runs wild. The mouse cursor also runs wild if the mouse is lifted in the air and held for some time without keeping it on the wooden table. This never happened with any other mouses.

I tried using this mouse on both windows 8.1 32 bit and linux distro 32 bit (solus gnome, rosa gnome etc) and all showed the same cursor problem. After I complained to the seller about this mouse the seller gave me a new mouse (same model and brand) and to my surprise the new mouse is showing the same cursor running problem. How is it possible that two different mouses of the same model from the same brand possess the same cursor running/jumping problem? Will a mousepad solve this problem and what if it doesn't?

Kindly, help me solve this awkward mouse cursor problem. I tried everything possible. I inserted the mouse usb connector in both usb ports 2.0 and 3.0 in my cpu but to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Get a different brand.

3. apusta90

apusta90

First Name:
    Apusta Wenlock
    Do you know what CPI (Counts Per Inch) rate that mouse goes through?
    Can you reduce the cpi rate of it?

4. lynx1021

lynx1021

Did it com with driver software? Have you tried turning your DPI down? I has 800-1200-1600-2400DPI range. The higher the DPI the more sensitive it will be.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1228709

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice