1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hd 7950

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Loui5D, Jun 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Loui5D

Loui5D Thread Starter

Hi all,

I've had this problem on and off for a month or two but i've now had it for 3 days in a row.

issue:

I get small "red" pixels where they shouldn't be (i haven't got any pics atm as i'm at work) Now i'm pretty sure it's not a driver issue, i've uninstalled the driver, then windows installs a "microsoft vga adapter" but i still get the same problem.

Specs:

I5-2500K @ stock
    8GB DDR3 1600Mhz
    P8Z68-V LX
    700w psu
    Windows 7 Professional 64bit

2. Tanis

Tanis Shane

Do you get these red pixels as soon as you turn the machine on, i.e. at the BIOS / boot screens before Windows starts?

It could a problem caused by the GPU overheating if they start appearing when Windows is up and running, if that is the case install HWMonitor (free software) and see what temps the GPU is at.

If you get the red pixels as soon as you turn the PC on then the most likely problem is physical damage to the graphics card / GPU. The only fix for that is a new graphics card.

3. Loui5D

Loui5D Thread Starter

I get it even when system is idle, looks like i'll have to rma.

4. Loui5D

Loui5D Thread Starter

I've fixed the pixel thing now, i just removed the gpu and put it back in and now it works, only problem is now when using a hdmi cable it doesn't utilise the full screen.
    But it does in bios, so its either drivers or windows (7 pro 64) i think.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1055373