HD backup (imaging)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nutmegct

Happy Holidays folks.

I've been using Norton Ghost for over 5 years to copy HD0 to HD1 on my Dell 4300; I make a disk image every Saturday, or after any major change to the system. Ghost boots from a floppy, then images HD0 (40G in two partitions) to the second HD in about 10 minutes. If HD0 ever fails (it has ...) I replace it with HD1, boot, and system is back to full steam ahead with no re-loading of *anything* and a maximum loss of documents up to one week old. If I ran Ghost every day I'd only risk losing a single day's worth of docs.

So ... I wondered what HD backup (or imaging) software people use. Ghost 2003 works for me, and is sure better for me than simple file backup systems - but is there something better out there?

Thanks.
Tom

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I use Acronis True Image. It has better USB and network support than GHOST 2003, which is what I used to use.

redoak

Gone but never forgotten
I use Acronis 'TrueImage.' I have a dated version (8.0) that I found very easy to manage.
{redoak}

Stoner

Banned
Still using Drive Image 4 for my Win9x installs.
Works well for what I need.

Have used DI 2002 for 2K and XP. Again works well for what I need.

Don't know if the DI versions I use are better or worse as I've never had the need to use Ghost or Acronis.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Stoner, I think the comment "Works well for what I need." says it all. :) If you don't need USB or network support, any of the imaging utilities probably will do the trick. It's when you need the extra features provided that True Image really stands out.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online