1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HD data recovery

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by boggles67, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. boggles67

boggles67 Thread Starter

I recently had to have my HD replaced and i need to recover the data from the old HD, mainly Photos. I was told that the HD had an electrical failure as opposed to a mechanical one if this helps..any suggestions on where i can send the HD to get the data recovered would be great..

2. Hughv

Hughv

3. navrush

navrush

Hello and need help,

Running Vista on NVIDIA 8K series with SATA setup in RAID1 (MIRROR), onboard RAID controller after Windows Updates ran for a day then BSOD. RAID utility (Media Shield) says "Mirror Degraded-BIOS only recognized SATA2 Mirror. I installed new HD-BIOS sees both drives-RAID utility recongnized and I tried Rebuild, it stated "healthy"-hit F7 to finish then CTR X to exit. results of no rebuild and it tries to boot up w/o sucess.
    I set computer up with only the new HD as IDE and is running ok on the one drive.
    My MAIN concern is to get the pics off of the good RAID1 Drive, any suggestions??
    Thanks

4. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Navrush, you really need to start your own thread.

5. navrush

navrush

I see that dustyjay, I am new to this so sorry, will start a new one. Thanks

6. stretch1967

stretch1967

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971858

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice