1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HD Diagnostic Utility problem

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Melina, Jun 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melina

Melina Thread Starter

I have three HD Diagnostic Utility programs for SMART Test on my HDs.
    They are HDTune,Speedfan and HDDScan.

The problem:
    1.When I startup my PC one of my HD has lower "Raw Read Error Rate" Current Value before the last shutdown. (Example: After Startup:110, Before:115).

2.If I used HDTune and Speedfan, the Value is 110 then I used HDDScan the value increased into 115 again. After that I used HDTune and Speedfan again, the Value is 115 now.

3.This weird problem also applied on "Hardware ECC Recovered" attribute.

Do you know what could caused this -> Why using HDDScan makes "Raw Read Error Rate" Current Value Increase? Could this indicate a problem on my HDs/another Hardware?

I think question two should be posted in Hardware subforum,but I write in this subforum because I think it mostly software related.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!