HD filled overnight 3G 2 145G

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jim4566

For no reason the hd filled from 3 G to 147G. Not enough free space to difrag. There seems to be tons of fragmented files. Have tried to hunt it down to kill it but no success.

I have read up on fragmented files in master file table tried the fixes with no success.

Hope you folks can offer suggestions. :confused:

There's a few things you can try.

First boot into 'Safe Mode' (usually slowly tapping the F8 key during boot) select 'Safe Mode' hit 'Enter'. While in Safe Mode run your antivirus software just to be sure your system is clean.

Open 'My Computer', select 'Properties', and in the 'General' tab click on 'Disk Cleanup'.

You may want to download and install CCleaner (freeware): http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

Run CCleaner to eliminate temp files.

Let me know if any of this helps.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online