1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HD monitor woe

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cazio, Apr 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cazio

Cazio Thread Starter

So, my 26" monitor recently broke down, and I replaced with a 32" Vizio HDTV. I connect my computer, which has a DVI hookup, to the monitor, which has an HDMI hookup, via a liitle converter. The problem I'm having is this: things are too big. By that I mean that objects go off-screen. Now, I can fix this for my desktop and such by resizing with the Nvidia control panel. However, the BIOS and some (but not all) games simply act as if there is more room than there really is.

Is there anything I can do, or do I have to cope?

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Look for controls on the monitor or try changing your refresh rate.

3. Cazio

Cazio Thread Starter

Should I try the making the refresh rate higher or lower?

4. johnsonwk2

johnsonwk2

some of the games you may need to adjust the in game screen resolution.

5. Cazio

Cazio Thread Starter

Yeah, I've done that, and it does wok...kinda. The widescreen resolutions go off some. And there are a couple games that don't have selectable resolutions, only full screen or windowed. Full screen makes the image go off screen.

And that doesn't do much good for things that load before the OS.

6. johnsonwk2

johnsonwk2

The refresh rate won't change a thing. All that does is change how many times the screen refreshes it self per second (or some time frame).

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702891

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice