Hd Not Detected

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

badbway14

OK, So here's the problem. I had a computer that was running just fine, and I went ahead and upgraded to windows XP from 2000. It ran fine for about a couple of days, and a few days down the line my start bar just never showed up anymore, and the computer was kinda feeling slow (well it felt slow after upgrade).

So I created a boot disk and tried to reformat and the computer and it never recoginzed the hard drive or any optical drive. I installed the hard drive in another computer and I have access to all files on that HD. (HD partioned to C: and D:)

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON A FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but it seems like you IDE controller has died. Try to use only one device and try it on the primary and secondary IDE ports, if you can't get it to be detected, try using another IDE cable. If nothing works, better buy another motherboard, because if your IDE controller is faulty, soon more things will cease to work.

Spyd said:
Sorry, but it seems like you IDE controller has died. Try to use only one device and try it on the primary and secondary IDE ports, if you can't get it to be detected, try using another IDE cable. If nothing works, better buy another motherboard, because if your IDE controller is faulty, soon more things will cease to work.
youre forgetting one thing: maybe his drives jumper configuration isnt right. could even be a faulty ide cable.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online