1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HD Problem, little help plz.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Axoneo, Oct 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Axoneo

Axoneo Thread Starter

I just built my second computer.
    I am using a Maxtor Sata HD. Windows XP pro was formatting the HD for 20 Minutes at 0%. I thought for sure something was wrong and it was just going to stay at 0% all night. I turned off the computer to try again.
    Now all I get is "Error loading Operating System", after Verifying DMI Pool Data....
    Am I screwed? Any help or suggestions is Greatly appreciated.
    Axoneo

2. rmay635703

rmay635703

Put in the Maxblast disk that should have come with the drive and do diagnostics, if it tests out fine, have Maxblast write 0's to the drive and reformat.

Cheers

3. Axoneo

Axoneo Thread Starter

No disk came with the HD. I bought all the computer parts from Newegg, and the all drives came wrapped in bubble wrap, no boxes directions nothing. Can I download this Maxblast to a floppy?
    Axoneo

4. raybro

raybro

5. Axoneo

Axoneo Thread Starter

Its fixed:)
    Thanks for all the help and advice once again!
    Axoneo

6. Axoneo

Axoneo Thread Starter

.Everything seems great atm, but why do I always have a problem installing my wireless network card on Windows XP? My other system had the same problem... I install the new hardware and windows doesnÂ’t seem to recognize it.. I install the drivers and nothing changes. The funny thing is I know If I change PCI slots(the network card), window will then recognize new hardware. Is this normal?
    AX

7. Axoneo

Axoneo Thread Starter

all taken care of.
    Axoneo

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169145

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice