1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HD Problem?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Shoey2004, Sep 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Shoey2004

Shoey2004 Thread Starter

I'm not sure if there were previous posts about this or not...

I came home from school today and found a message at the top of my computer screen saying: "Boot disk error. Put in the disk and press ENTER to continue" Me not knowing of any disk...I restarted the comp. manually. wehn it rebooted i got a screen that was flashing warning at the bottom with this message: "immediately back up your files and replace your hard drive. a failure is imminent." and above this is stated that it predicts a failure in my primary HD. it then states to press F1 for setup or F2 to continue. I clicked continue and it asked what mode of windows i wanted...i tried normal and safe mode...neither worked. this is all the farther i can get on it now. i cant log onto windows. this computer was purchased about 2 weeks ago as a refurbished Compaq from TigerDirect. Thanks for any help.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Well the message says it all. The Harddrive is on its way out. If you got a warranty, this would be the time to use it. If not you'll have to buy a new harddrive. Here's a test to test the drive: http://www.maxtor.com/en/support/downloads/powermax.htm Its by Maxtor, but works on most if not all drives.

3. Shoey2004

Shoey2004 Thread Starter

Thanks...I'll have to call Tiger. I'm sure my mom will have them send another new computer out.

4. Ash_11

Ash_11

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168620

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice