HD Space Being Reported Wrongly

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cottinghamk

After being forced to freshly install Leopard on my MacBook and restore my old user profile from an external drive, I have had quite a problem with my HD: it is reporting the free space wrongly. I have a 160 GB drive, and Finder shows that I have 10 gigs free, when I should have waaaaaay more. Here's what WhatSize says:
[img=http://img.skitch.com/20080917-rxh19258uf3bj9b6mxjgnx6kjb.png]

Any ideas?

you named your drive "sleep"? o_O

Back to topic: You said you had to do a fresh install of Leopard, did that remove the original copy of Leopard, or is it installed twice on the hard drive? That might be what is taking up so much space.

cottinghamk

It was 2 in the morning and I had an 8:00 AM class. Bear with me. But no it didn't double install. Actually, I reformatted last night and redid the Migration Assistant, and it all worked out.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online