HD videos and pmb

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kharth161

Hi,
I have a Sony HDRcx110 camcorder which uses PMB software for viewing, creating, etc...Anyway, made a couple of HD DVD's and all though I didn't run into any problems creating them they won't play on HD DVD player.

I have Gateway nv54 with windows 7 and the 5.8 version on pmb

Help - kelly

etaf

Wayne
Anyway, made a couple of HD DVD's and all though I didn't run into any problems creating them they won't play on HD DVD player.
what exactly do you mean by HD videos - is the HD format / Bluray format -

when you created the dvd did you finish it - so that it can be played on other machines - sometimes called multi-session

kharth161

HI and thanks for responding. I did mean HD formatt. On PMB you can only create DVD's in either formatt, not both. HD, Blueray or "regular" for lack of a better word. The funny thing is when I made a "standard" DVD for a friend of the same material, it worked properly. The other thing I wondered is if its possible that the new HD player we have isn't set properly, just a thought.

Thanks - Kelly

etaf

Wayne
what type of DVD writer do you have = will it support the formats ?
I have a bluray writer which will create DVDs on blurays for HD material

kharth161

from what i understand (whichi isn't much when it comes to this stuff - lol) you can make either "standard", HD or Blueray discs. Hope I answered your question.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
The only thing I use PMB for is fast trim edits without changing the original Format (Re-rendering it)
I use W7's Movie Maker for my Videos.
W7's DVD Maker seems to have a problem in that it only makes a 1 hour DVD from the Sony format .. But it's easy to use.
I'm using DVDStyler for my DVDs .. But it's not easy to use.

Have you tried using other software ??

kharth161

The video was made in HD formatt already. I did manage to find some info on the troubleshootwebsite for PMB that said something to the effect tha the codecs need to be changes, via uninstalling and then reinstaling. What the heck are they talking about? ahhh

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I'm not making HD movies .. But I've had the problem where some can't view the DVD.
Some can view on one player but not another ??
When I give them a new one (copy) .. It usually plays OK.
The one they give me back plays OK in my El-Cheapo DVD player or my computer(s).

I had one person tell me they had to clean the DVD before it would play.

Sounds like you may be running into the same confusing problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online