1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HD Videos from Camera to PC

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by DeputyDogg, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DeputyDogg

DeputyDogg Thread Starter

Hi,

I am trying to copy some HD videos from my girlfriend's Panasonic DMC-S1 to my Windows 7 machine. The movies play fine on her camera, but when I plug the camera into the PC they are only read a .jpg files. Manual conversion (i.e. changing the extension to .MOV or .AVI, etc.) doesn't help, and I have tried downloading codecs (MS camera codes; MJPEG codecs). The problem seems to be with how Windows 7 reads the files, but I am unsure. Is there any appropriate software or advice anyone can recommend?

Thanks!

DD

2. pip22

pip22

You only need codecs for creating, converting or playing video files, not for simply copying them from one location to another.

If you are attaching the camera to your PC, I think you need to install the Windows driver software supplied with the camera (or downloadable from Panasonic's support website).

Alternatively, if the videos are on a removable memory card, buy a card reader, plug it into your PC, then put the memory card into the reader.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1063212