1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HD Videos lagging/very sluggish

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by erpatre, May 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erpatre

erpatre Thread Starter

Hello everyone!

Hope you all are doing fine ;)

My comp:
    Alienware m15x (2011)

For some months now I am experiencing some weird problem with lagging HD videos on various websites (YT etc.). Problemm occurs regardless of the system (Win 7/8.1 both x64), or flash player version (even disabled it in chrome) or different browsers.

Never had anything like this until some months ago. I tried to check out the drivers for my wifi card - intel link wifi 5300 AGN - my recent drivers version is 14.3.2.1 (driver date 2012/01/22). Tried to check if there is any more up-do-date drivers but apparently the one I have is the most recent one since any supposebly newer drivers i.e. 17.x.x.x are still giving me my 14.3.2.1. Tried to uninstall the device and install drivers alone but nothing changes so I guess this is the most recent one.

I think the problem is not about my network bandwith or internet speed either, because I use >25 mbit/s, and any other devices have no problems with internet/video streaming/downloading.

I think it is essential to mention, that sometimes there are some small problems with local network connectivity between my computer and wifi. Sometimes it kind of drops connection in means of showing some problems between those two mentioned. Then when I run troubleshooting it fixes the problem with 'The default gateway is unavailable'. Restores the connection without any problems, so I can surf normally.

Strangely, those two problems seems somewhat irrelevant, because problem with HD video play on YT (not only YT but other sites as well) persists regardless. I can download files, speak on skype simultaneously and I experience no problems except for the HD video play.

I attached my dxdiag so you can check out my hardware and stuff.

I kind of run out of ideas what could be the problem. Though my wifi card is failing but not sure about that. Any suggestions? :)

Any help shall be highly appreciated. :)

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148598

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice