1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HD5870 HDMI to TV no output

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by frostedflames, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frostedflames

frostedflames Thread Starter

Hello all for the holidays I picked up a HD5870 the card is great no problems besides I cant figure out how to get it to send a signal to my tv

I have it hooked up to my monitor using dvi and the converter the card came with

and I am trying to extend my display or duplicate onto my hdtv I plugged the hdmi cable into my tv and my video card it picks up the tv when i start up the computer it shows me the bios and up to windows loading it does something funny though on the tv it shows a vista loading bard and on my monitor it shows the windows 7 loading screen not sure why..

If i goto Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display\Screen Resolution

After windows boots my monitor works but nothing is sent to my tv 1. is Sharp HDMI its on the left of the 2 it says resoultion 1280x768. and multiple displays says extend these displays

In the CCC It shows my tv under desktops and displays its number 2 if i goto configure it reads it as a SHARP HDMI 1920x1080 60hz I have gpu scaling chekced and ITC Processing checked But my tv is just black and it looks like its waiting for input.

any help would be sweet really looking to watch stuff off my computer without burning it! and playing bad company 2 on a nice tv..

I am running the latest drivers for the card and everything else on a fresh install of a windows 7 ultimate. x64 bit

2. DerekC

DerekC

On my system, if I plug in my cables to send a signal (s-video) to my TV it doesn't work unless I lower the screen resolution to 1024x768 or lower (which kind of sucks, but it gets the job done).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974590

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice