1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HDD 0bytes and can´t activate

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hellder, Jul 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hellder

Hellder Thread Starter

Hi,

I was going to install Win 10 but it was giving me an error about GPT partition. I had a friend change my HDD of 1TB to GPT. I decided to buy a SDD but when I try to use my HDD of 1TB is not working.

I tried to clean from the Diskpart cmd, it can clean it but if I write¨convert to MBR¨ says ''diskpart has encountered an error system cannot find the file specified''.

The disk says it has 0 bytes so I can not make a partition and from the disk management I can't do anything.
    ''The specified disk is not convertible because the size is less than the minimum size required''

Normally you try to create the volume but it doesn´t give me the option. I tried AEOMI but I think it made it worse.

I really don´t know what to do. HALP

Pictures are in spanish but are the same errors.

Attached Files:

• diiskpart.PNG
      diiskpart.PNG
      File size:
      16.5 KB
      Views:
    • 1.PNG
      1.PNG
      File size:
      39.1 KB
      Views:
    • 2.PNG
      2.PNG
      File size:
      6.7 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      24.6 KB
      Views:
  2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Have you tried wiping the drive then attempt to partition/format? If not, that is what I would do first.
    There are numerous methods to wipe a drive; DBAN, Drive mfg's utility, Linux, etc, etc. If it were me, I would use either the drive mfg's utility OR DBAN. Regardless of what utility you use, be sure you wipe the correct drive. You would not be the first person to wipe the wrong drive nor will you be the last. If you use dban, I would pull the pw connectors from ALL drives except the one you want to wipe.

BTW if you are intending on installing windows on this drive, do not attempt to partition or format the drive. Let setup choose gpt/mbr, partition and format the drive.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1212538

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice