HDD consistency check after every boot!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

G_Penguin

Whenever I boot up my PC from a cold or warm boot. One of my partitions always undergoes a hard disk consistency check. It is annoying me and I want to disable it. How do I go about doing that?

PIV 3GHz PRESCOTT HT
512MB DDR-3200
256 DDR Radeon 9600 PRO AGP 8X
533GB Storage space

C: 03GB
D: 20GB(OS DRIVE)
E:100GB *The HDD that goes under WIN HDD consistency check every boot.
F: 120GB
G: 40GB
H:100GB
I: 100GB
J: 50GB

Does this page help any?

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_c.htm#cd

And have you tried running a disk diagnostic tool for the hard drive from the manufacturer's site?

I believe Windows does a quick check to see if the drive is "dirty" and runs chkdsk if it thinks it is. You may see some entires for this in the Eventvwr.msc logs

Also if you are using a RAID controller, there may be some advanced issues witth this -- and perhaps a move to the hardware forum would be in order.

G_Penguin

Thanks for the advance. I'll check it out when I get home.

-Guilty Penguin

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online