Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

HDD data lost

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  pvc_ 
#1 ·
There was a power surge and now one of my HDD only sees its unused space, it had "unknown" partition I had no choice to repartition my HDD. But now it sees its total space as free space before the power surge.

I have reformatted and reinstalled OS on my computer: Hard drive in question is 400GB IDE drive that thinks its a 137GB hard drive, 80GB IDE hard drive have OS windows xp pro SP1 I think because of reformat, Gigabyte KT333 motherboard I think, AMD Athlon 2700, Gforce FX 5500.

It there any way I can recover the used space or ad least make my computer see the hard drives total space.

#5 ·
Well nice suggestion but you need to create backup files with those type of programs to be able to recover them. I guess there may not be a way to recover more than half of my hard drive. Shame since there was 7 years of data on it and I had only recently purchased that hard drive but it is only past its warranty.

#7 ·
you don't need to make backup. I had a similar problem, only one of my partitions was showing up under disk management and the rest was just unallocated space. I ran the acronis disk recovery and was able to recover my 2 missing partitions. Acronis lets you use the software for free, but the changes will not be saved unless if you buy the program...get the program, run it and see if it can find anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.