1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HDD locked

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by v1per, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. v1per

v1per Thread Starter

Well i have a toshiba nb500 which i used like 2 years ago, but the screen broke so i just kept it without using. Some weeks ago i connected the toshiba to a monitor i have to access the files but to my surprise it had a windows password and after 2 years i didn't really remember it so i just kept it away again

Now i wanted to change the screen since im having problems with my other laptop, i put out the broken screen, installed new one, turned on the computer and to my surprise i got a BIOS lock, it asked me for bios password, the computer originally didnt have any bios password configured and i also didnt put any, actually weeks ago when i tried to access the laptop on other monitor it didnt ask for a BIOS password, it asked me for a windows password that i did put time ago

Looking on the internet i solved the problem by short circuitting the jumper (i dont even know what that is lol xD) but the thing is that it worked, i was happy cuz i would be able to access the laptop, i turn in up and to my surprise now its asking for a HDD/SDD password, and as you could guess a HDD/SDD password wasnt configured and i wasnt asked for it some weeks ago.. ive tried looking for a solution but nothing seems to work, it seems like theres no master password for this HDD or anything like that, how can i solve this? Thanks for the help in advance :eek:

2. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

You can't. The password is stored on the drive itself. There is no way to access it.

And, we do not supply help for this type if password problem as we have no way to verify ownership, etc.

You can install a different hard drive and install the same version of Windows using the Recovery Media if you have that. CAUTION: The new harddrive may become locked - test with a used or spare empty drive at your own risk!!!!

The drive will NOT be usable in any other computer- it is locked permanently. The software solutions you may find by

searching can let you test them to see in advance if they can unlock the drive but it is only some models of some

manufacturers that this works for. Plus, using them results in a blank hard drive- you lose all the data on the drive. You'd still have to do a full reinstall.... We cannot help you any further and I have to Close your thread.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148313

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice