1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HDD MBR Damaged

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Tumang2k, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tumang2k

Tumang2k Thread Starter

Hello All,

I have a little problem maybe someone has a answer for me.

I have a WD 250 GB HDD labeled as the D Drive.

Well this morning I cannot get to it from windows at all a error message pops up

saying MBR is corrupted or unreadable and that is it, the drive has worked flawlessly

until the past week.

Whenever I copied a file to it then tried to view or play it it wouldn't let me into the

folder where i placed it saying a similiar message the folder has become corrupted

and locked me out as to say.

Today the system doesn't even recognize the drive at all.

Any suggestions or ideas thanks in advance for all and anyhelp

Sincerely

Tumang

2. bonk

bonk Banned

Got the Full Operating System on CD

3. bernardus

bernardus

Are you able to bootup with windows? you are talking about the D drive. could you start in save mode? If yes run Ckdsk on all drives with the repair option. Could be runned from startcommand or within explorer R click on the drive and choose properties/extra/ check and repair. C must be checked with bootup because a running program cannot be checked.
    probably you found a corrupted or slightly damaged record or file.

bernardus

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!