HDD missing half said space

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

F1Technology

Hi again guys!

I have a samsung 250gb Sata HDD and i just formatted it using a usb bridge to my laptop and its now only saying i have 131070MB on the disk.

I go into the properties and the computer recognises the size (250GB) but says about 107GB is unallocated...

I've been playing with this computer all day and i just need a fresh set of eyes and new views, its probably something simple i just cant see it. I need some sleep but the catch is im going to be thin king about this all night unless i can figure out whats going on.

I have used this method for years and havent had this problem before...

Thanks guys,

Hi!

If your computer detects unallocated space then you likely have an unformated partition on your drive. Check this first, I don't see a hardware problem since the full capacity is correctly detected. Open Disk Management and check the partitions on the drive. You may need to reformat if you want a single, full capacity partition on the drive.

crjdriver

If you are using vista, you can simply resize the partition into the unallocated space. If you are not using vista, then you would need to either delete all partitions and create one single one and format OR you can create another partition in the unallocated space. This will result in having a C and D drive rather than a single drive.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online