1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HDD power off during installation

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Angar, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angar

Angar Thread Starter

Hi!
    I have tried to install Vista x64 and x32 ultimate on my computer from XP and by clean install either. I get the same error every time. I get a blue screen during installation(I don't exactly remember what it was), then I rebooted the computer manually and at the boot screen it didn't even recognise the HDD. I also think it wasn't working. It works properly under windows XP. It's a Maxtor 6Y160P0 160GB drive. Thank you for your share of knowledge.

2. Angar

Angar Thread Starter

I've tried it once more. So the blue screen said: unexpected hardwer error(0x00000124). I've also checked the temperatures, it was all normal. And I forgot to mention I use a 410W power supply, so it could not cause the problem I think. Thees are the other specs: Asus a8n-sli, AMD Athlon64 3000+, 1GB RAM, Inno3D 6600(256MB RAM), 160GB Maxtor HDD

3. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

I don't know what the source of the hardware error is -- you might troubleshoot the ram or look into overheating, or possibly a chipset update for the motherboard -- but it's probably doing you a favor.

I do not recommend updating from XP to Vista. In all cases you will have issues of one kind or another -- not the least being a performance drop despite having good hardware.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!