1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hdd problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nyrol, Jan 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nyrol

nyrol Thread Starter

i have a seagate Barracuda 7200.7 and whenever i connect it to my power supply, my computer wont turn on. Help would be nice.
    Thank you

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

If we take that literally, that the computer remains dead and does not attempt to boot, then it suggests that the HDD has suffered a massive failure and is overloading the power supply.

Or, the power supply is totally overloaded and will not support the extra load.

3. StanStan

StanStan

My computer boots but then freezes if my Dell 80G Seagate Barracuda ATA IV model: ST3800021A is the slave. Bios says disk not detected.
    Local Guru says the firmware is corrupted. He wants a circuit board to install
    to recover data.
    Does anyone have a hard disk as above that has failed mechanically.
    I need the circuit board!!!!
    Thanks.

4. Jackiefrost9

Jackiefrost9

You'll be better off starting a new thread Stan. This has been dead for a long time.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325091

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice