HDD Temperature won't UNINSTALL

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

eoJeoJ

Ok so I installed the Free version of HDD Temperature, and now I can't UNINSTALL it. Everytime I try to uninstall it just hangs. Then I have to go into taskmanager and manually stop each install service.

I've tried various methods, including trying in SafeMode (in which I get an error), trying MyUninstaller (instead of the Windows Uninstaller), and executing the installer and choosing the "Uninstall" selection. Nothing worked.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of this thing? Thanks in advance!

Have you tried reinstalling it again and then uninstalling it?

When I get really messed up in an uninstall and reinstall doesn't help I resort to manually uninstalling.

MyUninstaller to remove the entry from Add/Remove programs
Delete folder from Program files
Look for anything in Application Data and delete.
Regseeker to remove Registry entries (backup registry before this step).
Search for files and folders and remove anything found.

eoJeoJ

jbcalg: No it doesn't start up automatically, although this other service related to it starts up everytime...I forget what its called...but its necessary for HD Temp. to run (ie. if I turn off the service from Task Manager, then try to run HD Temp, it won't run.).

gsmitheman: Yeah I tried re-installing then uninstalling - same thing. Uninstall just hangs. I emailed their support to see if they can help. I guess worst comes to worse I'll have to do the manual delete thing you suggested...do you know if that gets rid of EVERYTHING though?

I'm open to more suggestions here though :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online