HDMI 6x2 Matrix not working properly

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dconst

I have a 6x2 HDMI Matrix, and I've been trying to figure out how it works, but I think it may be broken. I have 2 tv's that are connected to it, and they work normally. However, if I unplug the cable and simply move it to another port on the splitter, I get a blue screen on the TV. I also tried plugging in another monitor to screenshare to, and I simply get a "no signal." Am I using it wrong, or is it broken?

cwwozniak

Chuck
Hi, Dconst, and welcome to TSG.

Can you please provide the brand and exact model number of the matrix device or a link to a page selling it?

Lacking any further information, if it has 6 inputs and 2 outputs, it is most likely lets you switch each of two TVs between one of six HDMI video sources.

Dconst

cwwozniak

Chuck
Thank you for the product link.

However, if I unplug the cable and simply move it to another port on the splitter, I get a blue screen on the TV.
Are you referring to moving an HDMI source cable from one input to another input on the matrix? If so you need to manually operate the matrix for the TV output to switch to the new HDMI input connector.

I also tried plugging in another monitor to screenshare to, and I simply get a "no signal."
If you already have two TV sets connected to the two HDMI outputs of the matrix there are no more HDMI outputs on the matric to connect a monitor. Where are you connecting the monitor?

Dconst

I was plugging it into an input, I now assume. The way it is has it setup so that it goes to a network of TV's throughout the building, using a combination of adaptors, HDMI splitters, and ethernet cables. I must have gotten confused since I only have 2 inputs but multiple outputs. Thank you for the clarification.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online