HDMI adapter

Doug33028

This is probably simple but I am seeking to use the right terms when seeking an adapter. I just replaced a Lenovo with a full sized external monitor HDMI port (top photo) with an ASUS VivoBook that has a smaller HDMI port (bottom photo). I don't know if these ports have different names. But I am seeking an adapter that allows for using the 15 plug HDMI in the smaller laptop port. Pardon my ignorance, but is this possible and what terms should I use when seeking an adapter - assuming there is one? Thanks all. D.

1603455158909.png

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
The top picture shows a VGA cable; it's not HDMI. It's difficult to tell from the bottom photograph what size the HDMI port is, since they come in Standard, Mini, and Micro sizes. To help: could you give me the exact model of VivoBook you're using?

The good news is these VGA-to-HDMI adapters are fairly common and, in my experience, work well. I just need to determine the correct size for you, and then offer advice on purchase.

Doug33028

Thanks kindly. It is a VivoBook S15 (S533). This frame grab is from an online review ---- the text (and the manual) call it simply an HDMI port: 1603465253542.png

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
You are welcome. I have not used this specific device, I was merely using it as an example. There are likely dozens (or hundreds) of similar cables. This one has decent reviews.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online