1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HDMI-attached monitors don't sleep. Fix?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zapp22, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zapp22

zapp22 Thread Starter

hi gang I have three hdmi-capable monitors/lcd/led's in the office & home and attach several pc's. using either/both windows 7 ultimate x64 and home premium x64, when attached via the hdmi cable the monitor does not get the "off" command for some reason. on one system I have also dvi connection and if I use DVI, it works per power plan.

anyone have something for me to try?

z

2. pip22

pip22

Some monitors (in fact, most) don't support Windows sleep mode when HDMI is used.
    It's not specified in the HDMI standard that it has to be able to carry a "sleep" command from the PC.

3. zapp22

zapp22 Thread Starter

that was my guess.
    its an opportunity for someone to write a little string of code...
    you would think that the monitor would knock itself off when it no longer gets a signal via the hdmi port.
    I can understand how that would not be the case for a HDTV/tuner since its made to have multiple inputs all going, but a single monitor should do that if it has no input signals.
    works fine on dvi/vga...

oh well.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    The monitor may have an internal setting for Stand-by, check it's internal menus.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029228

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice