HDMI-attached monitors don't sleep. Fix?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

zapp22

hi gang I have three hdmi-capable monitors/lcd/led's in the office & home and attach several pc's. using either/both windows 7 ultimate x64 and home premium x64, when attached via the hdmi cable the monitor does not get the "off" command for some reason. on one system I have also dvi connection and if I use DVI, it works per power plan.

anyone have something for me to try?

z

Some monitors (in fact, most) don't support Windows sleep mode when HDMI is used.
It's not specified in the HDMI standard that it has to be able to carry a "sleep" command from the PC.

zapp22

that was my guess.
its an opportunity for someone to write a little string of code...
you would think that the monitor would knock itself off when it no longer gets a signal via the hdmi port.
I can understand how that would not be the case for a HDTV/tuner since its made to have multiple inputs all going, but a single monitor should do that if it has no input signals.
works fine on dvi/vga...

oh well.

Triple6

Rob
The monitor may have an internal setting for Stand-by, check it's internal menus.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online