Hdmi cable went bad...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Geouzis

Two weeks ago I built my new computer with an rx 570 and because I didn't have any monitor, I connected my pc to my tv with an hdmi cable that i hadn't used for a while.
In the last 3 days the hdmi cable wasn't working properly and was sometimes turning the display black for a few seconds.
Today my computer was opening but with no display and I only had a red led on my motherboard telling me that the graphics card had an issue. Then i just closed my computer, unplugged it from the wall and clicked the start button so every remained electricity would go out.
After i replugged my pc to the wall and opened it the red led for the gpu on my motherboard was gone. After that, I used a different hdmi cable from my friend's computer which was working fine for him but for me the tv still had zero display. I also tried connecting my other two laptops with my friend's hdmi cable but there was still zero signal.

I suspect that the hdmi ports from my tv are causing the issue. What do you guys think? Is there a possibility that both my tv and graphics card went bad? I can connect to my pc with TeamViewer but the resolution is 480p because i don't have a monitor and a lot of applications can't open properly.

Ps: I was in the correct hdmi channel on my tv so that isn't the case. I also tried the second hdmi port but nothing.

Geouzis

Actually the red led for the gpu on my motherboard appeared while i had the pc open but with no display because of the broken hdmi cable.

crjdriver

Two weeks ago I built my new computer
OK, you are posting in a hardware forum and no one [other than you] has any idea what hardware you are running. Post ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact motherboard, exact processor, exact pw supply, etc, etc. Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.
Is there a possibility that both my tv and graphics card went bad
That seems pretty easy to figure out. Turn the TV ON and see if you can access the setup menu, get some type of display [without the computer connected to the TV]

Geouzis

The tv works fine. Only the hdmi ports of the tv don't work. As I said I tried connecting my tv with my two other laptops using my friend's hdmi which works fine for him but still nothing.

Computer parts list:
Ryzen 5 2600

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-3000MHz (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15)

Be quiet Systempower b9 600w bulk

Wd blue 1tb hdd

Sapphire Radeon RX 570 8GB Pulse (11266-66)

Msi b450 gaming plus

crjdriver

The first thing I would do would be to get a real monitor and connect the system to the monitor. That will tell you where the problem lies ie TV or with your system.

Geouzis

The first thing I would do would be to get a real monitor and connect the system to the monitor. That will tell you where the problem lies ie TV or with your system.
I just ordered a monitor. It will be here in 3 days.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online