1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HDMI Cord

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sportsdude81, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sportsdude81

sportsdude81 Thread Starter

Are all HDMI cords the same? If not how can you tell which are better? lastly what type of cable should i be using from a blu-ray player to 1080i HDTV?

2. Leadroflstsouls

Leadroflstsouls

I vaguely remember reading and article a long while ago (I cant find it now) but it was about how the gold cables that monster were selling were a rip off. I personally would suggest buying a decent cable if you spend a decent amount of your system. What I mean is if you have the best system why not spend a little extra to get that little bit extra out of the system but if its not the best stuff I would go with saving the money I have a ps3 and a decent tv and a cheap HDMI cable looks perfectly fine if you want some more reading about it ill link below.
    http://www.ceqna.com/tvs/3774-tvs-1.html

3. Mr. Newton

Mr. Newton

First Name:
    Terry
    yes they are all the same..don't fall into the trap that you need to pay a lot..they all transmit 1's & 0's.1&0 can't degrade.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753933

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice