1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HDMI DVI adapter?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rezelute, Aug 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rezelute

rezelute Thread Starter

Hi,
    I have a GTX 260 nvidia graphics card which has two DVI outputs but no HDMI output and a monitor which has HDMI + DVI+ VGA. I am currently using the DVI connection but i was wondering if i used the HDMI monitor cable and bought a HDMI DVI adapter (converter) will that make much difference in terms of the picture/video quality?

2. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Nope, none whatsoever.

There is very little (if any) video difference between DVI and HDMI, the main difference is that HDMI carries audio as well as video whereas DVI is only video.

3. rezelute

rezelute Thread Starter

Ok great thanks i will just stick to my DVI then :).

4. jack-o-bytes

jack-o-bytes

If anything you may even loose some quality as any unnecessary joins in a cable can sometimes disrupt the signal.

Jack-O-Bytes

5. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane

Very good point, extra joins = more resistance = reduced quality (potentially).

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/945576

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice