1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HDMI - DVI-D cable not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by asphyxiate9, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asphyxiate9

asphyxiate9 Thread Starter

I'm a little confused here

I have two monitors, a Samsung S23B350 and a HP 2159m

I tried to connect a DVI-D to HDMI cable to both of my monitors but nothing displays. It doesn't matter what end is connected to the PC, both dont work. But in the long run the DVI end has to be connected to the PC if I want to duel screen because I only have 1 hdmi output.

HDMI-HDMI works fine though, on both monitors.

Is it because it is a DVI-D to HDMI cable? Should I just buy a DVI-D to DVI-D cable? or am I just doing something wrong?

My graphics card is a HD Radeon 6950 if that matters.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    The HP has DVI-D, HDMI, and VGA. Use a DVI-D cable for this monitor.

The Samsung has HDMI and VGA. Use an HDMI cable for this monitor.

What ports does the video card have? Have you enabled the second monitor in the AMD Catalyst Control Center?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086484

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice