HDMI - DVI-D cable not working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

asphyxiate9

I'm a little confused here

I have two monitors, a Samsung S23B350 and a HP 2159m

I tried to connect a DVI-D to HDMI cable to both of my monitors but nothing displays. It doesn't matter what end is connected to the PC, both dont work. But in the long run the DVI end has to be connected to the PC if I want to duel screen because I only have 1 hdmi output.

HDMI-HDMI works fine though, on both monitors.

Is it because it is a DVI-D to HDMI cable? Should I just buy a DVI-D to DVI-D cable? or am I just doing something wrong?

My graphics card is a HD Radeon 6950 if that matters.

Triple6

Rob
The HP has DVI-D, HDMI, and VGA. Use a DVI-D cable for this monitor.

The Samsung has HDMI and VGA. Use an HDMI cable for this monitor.

What ports does the video card have? Have you enabled the second monitor in the AMD Catalyst Control Center?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online