HDMI Flicker

EngineeringStudent

I have a high end laptop and a tv. I want to use the TV as an extra monitor, but every so often the TV screen flickers and the sound dies. I bought new HDMI cables, and tested the HDMI ports with a nintendo switch with no problems. My spare monitor works fine, with no flickering. The problem only comes up from my laptop to the TV.
It runs windows 10, all HDMI cables are new

I suspect the graphics card is the problem. But since this is a laptop, so we cannot swap GPU to test.

Try going to Control Panel > Device Manager > Display Adapters and right click Update the drivers.

Oddba11

Jim
And ensure that you are using the native resolution of the TV at 60hz.

EngineeringStudent

I suspect the graphics card is the problem. But since this is a laptop, so we cannot swap GPU to test.

Try going to Control Panel > Device Manager > Display Adapters and right click Update the drivers.
It's a gaming laptop, and I've never had a problem with any other monitor before. I'm not sure if that rules out the possibility though

Oddba11

Jim
Check the TV User Manual, it should state the resolution. A native 1080P screen, for example, will be 1920x1080 @ 60hz. But there are 720P models, and now 4k models.

EngineeringStudent

Check the TV User Manual, it should state the resolution. A native 1080P screen, for example, will be 1920x1080 @ 60hz. But there are 720P models, and now 4k models.
Works 1080p at (I don't know what this means)
Vertical frequency: 50-85Hz
Synchronization range horizontal frequency: 15-68 kHz
The laptop is a lenovo ideapad 510
Nvidia geforce
Intel core i7

managed

Allan
If you are using a switch as mentioned in your other thread as a test try a direct single cable connection from laptop to TV and see if it it still misbehaves then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts