HDMI Laptop to TV

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Chloemonique

So I’ve connected my laptop to my tv with my hdmi cord and my tv just says no signal I’ve got it on the right hdmi setting, I’ve tried to change resolution settings and display setting but It will not work it’s a new laptop and was working fine with my tv before now it won’t

cwwozniak

Chuck
Hello Chloemonique, and welcome to TSG.

1) Have you made sure the HDMI cable is firmly connected at both ends?

2) If the TV has more than one HDMI port, have you made sure you are plugged into the same HDMI port you you said was working at one time?

3) Have you made sure the HDMI output on the laptop is enabled? Many laptops have a dedicated button or use a Function key to toggle between different active external and internal displays.

4) Have there been any hardware changes since the setup was last working correctly? Have there been any Windows updates?

Beyond that, it might help us to help you if we knew the manufacturers and full model numbers of both the laptop and TV.

Last edited:

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I have found that if I connect the HDMI cable after the laptop is up and running, the TV finds the signal.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online